Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Small Steps: the Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret

Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm currently listening to an audio book called The Giant Slayer (Lawrence) and it's about a girl whose friend is in the hospital being treated for polio in the mid-1950s. This made me interested to learn more about polio and how others who had it were treated.

In the children's department at my library, I found that children's author Peg Kehret (Terror at the Zoo, Danger at the Fair) had polio and that she wrote a book about her experience geared toward younger readers.

I really enjoyed this book; it was a quick read, as she tells her tale like a fictional story. She includes some pictures, too.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment