Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was looking forward to reading (listening) to this book and I was -mostly- not disappointed. I love love LOVED the first book _Hunger Games_ and have faithfully continued to make my way through the trilogy.



This story finds Katniss rescued from the second Hunger Games she is forced to participate in by an underground group that has been attempting to fight the Capital. However, they weren't able to rescue Peeta, so he is captured by the Capital's people.



The rest of the story is about how they get Peeta back, the chaos all of the districts are experiencing, and how the underground group tries to fight the Capital. The epilogue brought to mind the epilogue in the _Harry Potter_ series, in that it completes the series so that there is no speculation as to what happens to the characters.



I thought that this book was fine; nothing can compare to the first book in the series, and this was a fine way to end it. There were a few parts in the book where I was like, "noooo!"--so I was pretty attached to some of the characters.



I've recommended book one to others, also mentioning that they don't necessarily need to read the rest of the trilogy.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, My name is Bill Benitez and I own a small publishing company in Austin, TX called Positive Imaging, LLC. Mostly I publish how-to books but I published a children's chapter book that my wife wrote entitled Lottie's Adventure: A Kidnapping Unraveled. I wonder if you would consider reviewing it. You can get some details about it at http://lottiesadventure.com and I'll be glad to send you a copy, no obligation of course. Thanks.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete