Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In One Ear Out the Other by Michael Dahl

In One Ear, Out the Other (Monster Street)In One Ear, Out the Other by Michael Dahl

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I had high hopes for this book, but I didn't like it at all. The strange pictures are what drew me to it, but they couldn't make up for the lack of story.



The story is about a monster named Bud that never pays attention to anything and ends up feeling the results of it. This would make sense if the story told it that way, but this is the turning point in it: he says, "I have to keep these words in my head, and I know the perfect way to do it...I will use my socks!"



What? Okay...



And it continues: "Not only did Bud fix his listening problem, but he always knew where to find his socks."



Umm...



A coworker and I couldn't figure out what his socks had to do with him finally listening to what's going on around him. It looks like he sticks his socks in his ear. How will that help him listen better? Is the author being ironic? Who knows? But I do know that I won't be reading this one again.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment