Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Pretty, Pretty Bunny by Dave Horowitz

Pretty, Pretty BunnyPretty, Pretty Bunny by Dave Horowitz

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I think this book is very funny; some coworkers don't think so because it doesn't teach a lesson, but I just find it humorous!



The story is about a bunny named Narcissa who thinks she's the prettiest thing around. Not only is she in love with herself, she makes fun of whomever she encounters. For example, when she sees a beaver, she says "Boy, am I glad I don't look like *that* guy...Just look at those silly teeth--and what a goofy tail."



She goes on to make fun of a turtle and a moose before she settles down in front of a pond to gaze at her reflection. When a magic frog shows up and grants her a wish, she doesn't even hear what he says because she is too busy laughing at him. This makes him mad, so he places a spell on her that makes her look ridiculous--with a beaver tail and teeth, moose antlers, and a turtle shell.



Of course, she's devastated, and says to her reflection "How I *wish* I could do it all over again" and poof! the wish the frog granted to her comes true and she's back to normal, gazing at her reflection.



And that's it!



I just think it's funny, but I can see how others might not like this story. I think it would be a great flannel board story, so maybe I'll work on that this summer.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment